November 2, 2008

I need a schedule

I have been thinking a lot in the last couple of weeks. There is practically nothing in my life that is the same as it was 3 months ago. It is like I have two different lives. My former life consisted of work, dress clothes and heels, meetings, conference calls etc. My new life revolves around Rhett, feeding, clothing, diaper changing. I am out and about in the middle of the day, something that I still see as a wonderful luxury. I know what the weather is every day. You may be thinking . . what is she talking about . .but I can't tell you how many days I was in my office from morning till night and never went outside. People would comment on the weather and I would have no clue b/c I had been inside all day. I loved my job and my career world but I am IN LOVE with being home with Rhett!! It is more than I ever thought it could be.
Although I love this new life of mine, my new found freedom of being able to come and go as I want and be able to be out in the middle of the day or hang out at home when I want, I am a person of organization, schedules and routine. My new life has no structure yet, no schedule of when to do what and so days go by with out me realizing it. Not to mention Randy is home right now waiting for their office to open so he isn't going to work each day either so really there is no differinciating between days at all! Rhett is getting closer to an actual set schedule of a wake up time and bedtime etc. so that will help. Anyway, for those of you who have been home for some time, what have you found works best for you? Do you have certain days you do certain chores, pay bills, clean the house etc. or is it just a little bit each day? I am curious. Let me know what works best for you and maybe it will help me organize my new life.

4 comments:

Lovio Fam said...

I, like you missed the schedule, so I set my own. Mondays I make up my menu and do all my grocery shopping. Tuesday (YW) and Wednesday is my laundry day. I usually do all of the laundry and clean the bathrooms. I love putting clean towels back in a clean bathroom. This way it leaves Friday and the weekend free to have fun and not worry about chores. :)

AJsGirls said...

I really have no advice...I fly by the seat of my pants. I just wanted to say that I am so happy for you! Being happy at home is hard for a lot of people.

Kaye said...

My advice is to enjoy the lack of having to have a schedule. Life will just get busier. I use to sit down the night before and write out a detailed schedule for the following day. Now, I collapse the night before and find no time to even write a schedule. I do have my laundry day, my cleaning day, etc. Structure is good, and necessary, but make sure you enjoy the down time!

Terri Lindsay said...

Hey I just wanted to say Hi. I saw your blog on Kylie's page, congrats on the bundle of joy!! You guys look great