Randy and I love road trips! Unfortunately this one was not for a happy occasion but rather for Bev's funeral. We got the news that Bev passed late Monday night and Wednesday packed up our little family and headed to Salt Lake. As I mentioned, Randy and I love a good road trip. Randy LOVES to drive and I enjoy the time looking at the scenery, listening to music and talking. We have taken quite a few road trips together including driving cross country the summer before we got married. Well, this one was a little different as we had little Rhett in tow. He is definitely our kid (as if there was any doubt)! He was such a good road tripper!!! We planned as best we could around his bed time and nap times and it worked. He slept most of the way there and back! :)

Here is our happy boy during the short time he was awake during the car ride.
I do not have many pictures from our trip yet. I am still waiting to get some from Randy's sisters but here are two. (I know, I need to be better about picture taking. I used to be so good. I think I just have too much to carry these days. Anyways . . .)
Since my sister Kylie lives in SLC we also got to see her. We went out to breakfast and did a little shopping.

Here is Randy and his Uncle Milt, Bev's husband. Bev and Milt were married 59 years!! Uncle Milt is the sweetest man ever!!! We are so sad that he is alone now. Good thing his kids and grandkids are close and will take good care of him. (sorry the picture is blurry!)

1 comment:
A road trip. I am so impressed you could do it. I'm sorry that you had to go for Bev's funeral though. I hope your next trip will be under better circumstances.
Post a Comment