Rhett's new favorite word is "awkward". We don't say it very often so I was surprised to hear it come out of his mouth. Turns out he learned it from two boys at school. They make a farting noise with their mouths and then say, "awkward"! The first time Rhett said it to me I was sing and being goofy to him and he said, "mom will you stop signing, it's awkward". Pretty awesome! I totally busted up laughing. He doesn't always use it in the right context but most of the time he does and it makes me crack up every time.
The other day I was putting away clothes in Rhett's closet which means my back was to the rest of the room. He said, "Mom watch me" I turned around to see him standing on his bookshelf (luckily it is only about 3 ft. tall). I said, "Rhett you shouldn't be up there". His reply, "okay, don't watch then!" Fantastic!
Another along the same lines . . . I walked passed his room and he was scaling the front of his dresser putting his toes in between the small cracks between the drawers. Again I said, "Rhett you shouldn't be doing that" He said, "you weren't supposed to see me".
Rhett thinks everything is a joke and is constantly teasing and laughing about things. He always wants you to tell him something he did was funny and wanting you to laugh at his antics. It is all fine and good until he is in trouble. I don't remember what he did but I gave him the mom death look and he just busted up laughing at me and said, "mom, you look funny when you do that".
A couple weeks ago Rhett was having a major meltdown, tantrum. One of the worst ones we have had, at least in a long time. He was screaming and crying and completely out of control. I had tried a number of things to get him to calm down to no avail. I finally swatted him hoping to maybe snap him out of it. In mid scream he made sure to tell me, "that didn't even hurt"! I had to try not to laugh. Seriously?! Later when he finally calmed down and we were talking about why he was in time out etc. He made sure to tell me again, just in case I didn't hear him the first time, that the spanking I gave him didn't hurt.
When Rhett is winning at something or he is really excited he says, "Rock and Roll Baby"! I have no idea where he got it from.
May 18, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Awesome--love that little guy. :)
We use to spank Sarah's hands because she would go get the sharp knives out of the dishwasher...she would just laugh at us.
Post a Comment