Rhett wanted NOTHING to do with dressing up! We showed him tons of costumes and his reply to each one was, "nope"! He is in a stage where everything has to be just so. I am not sure if that was the reasoning behind the not dressing up or what. I didn't care if he didn't want to dress up but didn't want him to be upset when he sees the other kids in costume and he doesn't have one. I also wanted him to get over whatever his issue was with it. I finally settled on a hard hat and tool belt. My reasons: he could wear his own clothes, I knew that would be important to him. It is a toy I knew he would love and so if he didn't use it as a costume we could still get use out of it. Trunk or Treat, he wore it for a bit and trick or treated to a few trunks. Success! Halloween night, he was excited to put it on and LOVED trick or treating with his cousins! It was so fun to see him get in the spirit of it!
November 1, 2010
Halloween Festivities
Pumpkin Patch. Trunk or Treat. Spooky Halloween Dinner of Spaghetti with Spiders and Green Witch Finger's for Bread Sticks with Glow in the Dark Silverware. Trick or Treating with Cousins.
Rhett wanted NOTHING to do with dressing up! We showed him tons of costumes and his reply to each one was, "nope"! He is in a stage where everything has to be just so. I am not sure if that was the reasoning behind the not dressing up or what. I didn't care if he didn't want to dress up but didn't want him to be upset when he sees the other kids in costume and he doesn't have one. I also wanted him to get over whatever his issue was with it. I finally settled on a hard hat and tool belt. My reasons: he could wear his own clothes, I knew that would be important to him. It is a toy I knew he would love and so if he didn't use it as a costume we could still get use out of it. Trunk or Treat, he wore it for a bit and trick or treated to a few trunks. Success! Halloween night, he was excited to put it on and LOVED trick or treating with his cousins! It was so fun to see him get in the spirit of it!

Rhett wanted NOTHING to do with dressing up! We showed him tons of costumes and his reply to each one was, "nope"! He is in a stage where everything has to be just so. I am not sure if that was the reasoning behind the not dressing up or what. I didn't care if he didn't want to dress up but didn't want him to be upset when he sees the other kids in costume and he doesn't have one. I also wanted him to get over whatever his issue was with it. I finally settled on a hard hat and tool belt. My reasons: he could wear his own clothes, I knew that would be important to him. It is a toy I knew he would love and so if he didn't use it as a costume we could still get use out of it. Trunk or Treat, he wore it for a bit and trick or treated to a few trunks. Success! Halloween night, he was excited to put it on and LOVED trick or treating with his cousins! It was so fun to see him get in the spirit of it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment