September 7, 2010

Lake Pyramid

We had a great day boating with the Moodys and the Whites (minus Jim) at Lake Pyramid! Our day started at 5am (since I am the best wife in the world and went to be the 3rd adult) so Nick and Randy could get good water and some wakeboard time in before the kids came. It turned out easier then I thought, I laid in the boat with Rhett asleep on my chest for most of the early morning hours, while Jake and Mike ran the flag for me. Everyone else got there around 11:30am. We had lunch and the kids played with their sand toys on the shore. Then it was back out on the boat for the remainder of the day. The kids all wakeboarded, skiied and surfed. Randy and I waked surfed . . . together . . on the same board. It was HILARIOUS! I was too nervous to try wake surfing by myself, the wake is just so big and you are so incredibly close to the back of the boat, so Randy did it with me. He did all the work and I just did what I was told. It was still nerve racking for a bit but it was really fun! If only we had remembered the video camera. We got Heather up on a wakeboard and then she tried wake surfing too! That was also quite entertaining. The kids were all so good and we had so much fun together! It was a great way to say goodbye to summer.

No comments: