August 5, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday Rhett



Rhett,
Just one year ago today you were put in my arms for the first time and I was immediately smitten. I loved you so much then but I love you even more now! I didn't know if I was ready to enter the world of motherhood but I felt like it was right. We are so glad you came to us when you did. I could never have imagined how wonderful being your mom would be. You have brought such joy into our family. We are so amazed watching you learn and grow. You are funny, you even think you are funny and laugh at yourself when you are teasing us. You are mischievous, a dare devil and quite the screamer (love when you scream in church!). You are sweet and have an infectious smile and laugh. You love attention. You are the most ticklish kid ever! You absolutely know what you want and what you don't want and will do anything you can to reach, stretch, push, pull and eventually scream to get it. You love to figure things out and see what they do. Right now at one years old, you can say mamma and dadda. You know where your ear is. You wave, give high fives and clap. You sign "more" and "all finished". You are a great eater! You love love love to crawl outside. You would crawl around the front yard, up and down the steps and back and forth across the front porch all day long if you could! You love to watch Dad mow the lawn and pretty much do anything with Dadda. You are all boy!
Dad and I can not believe this day is already here. (I am sure we will be saying that again and again as you hit mile stones in your life). We are so happy to have you be our son and are excited for all the fun things ahead of you.
We love you to pieces!

Love,
Mom (and Dad)

1 comment:

Cody and Kylie said...

This post is so not like you...which I guess is one of the ways you have changed since Rhett came! We love him too. We were so excited to see him, I only wish we could spend more time with our cute little nephew! Love you guys!