January 5, 2009

Lunch with Friends

Just before Christmas I met some friends for lunch. We all used to work together and haven't seen each other in quite awhile. We worked together for a few years and saw each other through many different things. We had a great time together catching up and eating a delicious lunch at Cheesecake Factory, one of my favorites. Mmmmm!:)
The only downside to the lunch was the crazy old lady that literally took Rhett out of my arms. Her and her husband were lunching next to us, we were so close we were practically lunching with them. She had been talking to Rhett and asking me questions about him but then when she was done with her lunch, she stood up and announced that she would take him (as she took him out of my arms) and walk around with him while I ate my lunch. Um . . . excuse me, what? You are doing what? I was speechless . . which does NOT happen very often. I didn't know what to do. I mean, I didn't think she was going to take off with him or anything, her husband stayed sitting next to us, she was with in 5 feet and in my eye sight the whole time, she was clean, she was old, she was just trying to help. But STILL, you DO NOT take a mom's baby from her arms! I ate three quick bites and got up, told her I was done eating and took my son back. It was quite interesting and gave us more to talk and laugh about the rest of lunch.
Thanks Amanda, Jeannette and Amy for being great friends and for a great lunch. We must do it again soon!

1 comment:

AJsGirls said...

That happenend to me by a lady in our ward...it was weird. I learned a lesson that day!