January 5, 2009

Christmas 2008

This Christmas season was my absolute favorite! Yes, having Rhett was part of it, but honestly the best part was not working!!! The job I have done for the past 5 years was always extremely busy at Christmas time. It was month end, year end and we worked a lot of hours. It was such a joy to be able to take the time to enjoy the season, family, friends, shopping, decorating and of course Rhett. We had some friends over for Family Home Evening the Monday night before Christmas. Always fun to sit around and chat and enjoy each others company.

Christmas Eve dinner was at our house. Since we got married I have always hosted Christmas Eve dinner for whatever family is around and wants to come. This year it was a small group but it was very relaxing! This year’s dinner was two different soups, corn bread muffins and salad. (I am still trying to nail down a dinner tradition for this holiday, feel free to share your suggestions and family traditions.) We then went to see some Christmas lights at a few houses here around town and then came back home for warm cookies and milk.
Christmas morning was Randy, Rhett and I at home. I love Christmas morning! And not because of the presents, there is just something special about it. In fact Christmas morning was pretty dull at our house this year. Rhett got a few books from us this year. We totally jipped him since he doesn
't know any better. And no presents for Randy and I. We decided to take advantage of the after Christmas sales this year and score ourselves some much needed new electronics for great prices. You will soon see much better pictures on my blog as I FINALLY got a new camera! Hallelujah! We also got a video camera so we can join the club of really annoying parents and capture family video! It is kind of a right of passage right? Every parent has to do it.
The rest of the day was spent between both my mom's and Randy's mom's seeing all the sisters, brother and cousins! Christmas is a busy day for us but very fun!


Christmas Eve


Christmas Morning

(This is Randy "watching" Rhett for me while I got a few things together for the day. Great "watching"! Good thing he was entertained by the cartoons and didn't move!)


5 comments:

Cody and Kylie said...

aww! i am sad i missed christmas eve dinner this year, i actually always looked forward to it. i think we have done soup the last two years, we have done pizza, but i think we did soup more often than not. i like it! are those rhett's christmas eve pjs? he looks cute as ever! love that boy! miss you guys! we are trying to plan for early feb! love you!

Kelly said...

yes, soup has been the most often but I don't know if I am settled on it as the tradition. It is easy, which is nice. early february works for me, I am not going anywhere with a baby and a invalid! :)

Kelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cody and Kylie said...

thats good, we are planning on valentine's weekend. ps. your kid has quite the chin and cheeks! i love it! especially in that picture of him and kel!

AJsGirls said...

Look at him sitting up! Big boy!