We started Potty Training this week. Rhett will be three in August and will be starting preschool in the fall so it was about time we started potty training. I have been putting it off for a few reasons: 1. I think it is easier to change a diaper then rush to find a bathroom in public. 2. I wanted to wait until he was ready. 3. We had a trip to Utah planned for the first part of June and I did NOT want to do a 12 hour drive with Rhett being newly potty trained.
We are home this week and so we began the chore of potty training. It took a bit of convincing to get him to try underwear, but he did it and hasn't turned back. He wanted a little potty so we ran out and got one and some treats for when he goes potty in the toilet. He really doesn't care about the treats. Today is the beginning of day 4 and Rhett woke up dry (I am sure this will not happen all the time) and went poop in the potty!!
I am sure I had more anxiety over this process then Rhett so I am so happy it is going so well.
June 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment