December 22, 2009

A Day Off!

A couple of weeks ago, after the whole appendicitis issue I decided I needed a day off! I need some time away and a break from normal life. Randy and I needed some time together (not in a hospital), to talk and be like married people. My only requests were a meal where I didn't have to feed or clean up a toddler and a morning where I could sleep and get ready at my leisure with out putting my make-up on in the car. So we did it. And it was fabulous!
Friday afternoon I took Rhett to the Moody's (Randy's sister) for his first sleep over! Randy and I went to dinner at Medieval Times. It is a dinner theater set in the Medieval era. You eat with your hands while watching a Medieval-style tournament with games, sword fighting, jousting etc. It was really fun! It was nice to do something different. The food was pretty good, the entertainment was well done and we saw the most beautiful horses I have ever seen.

Saturday we slept in!!! So great! We leisurely got ready (as requested) and went to brunch. (Breakfast would have been too early on a day like this. Brunch was just perfect!) After a delicious brunch we went to a matinee. I love matinees! I don't know why. It is just so fun to watch a movie in the middle of the day. It feels a little bit like ditching school, like you should be doing something else but you get to escape away to a movie. Anyway, we saw Blindside. It was a really good show! (especially if you ask Randy . . . . inside joke.) It was one of the best movies I have seen in a long time. Gotta love a feel good football film.
After our movie we went and picked up little Rhett.
He had a good time with the Moody family and was reportedly the best little boy ever! He never cried once. Too bad he had an absolute melt down for us that night. I think he was storing it up and saved it just for his mom and dad!
We had a wonderful time and enjoyed each other.

No comments: