September 14, 2009
"Hello, Poison Control. . ."
It happened, our first call to Poison Control. Rhett is officially on record. He was playing around while I was cooking in the kitchen and I heard him gag/choke. I went down the hall to find him and he was in the bathroom. He had gotten into the mouthwash. I know, my fault, it shouldn't have been down. It didn't even cross my mind. Not to mention it does have a child safety cap, which evidently isn't child proof. I know he didn't drink much as the bottle was not full to begin with, there was still a good amount in the bottle as well as quite a bit on the floor. His breath did smelt minty fresh though! I called Poison Control, as the bottle suggests. They told me to watch him for an hour to see if he starts acting drunk. Can you imagine!?! If he did he needed to be rushed to the ER b/c the alcohol puts babies in a hypoglycemic state, which is very dangerous. Well, Rhett never showed any signs of being inhibited and the day went on like normal. Thank goodness!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Rhett is starting the rebellion quite early eh? I am glad he is okay, but the watch him to make sure he wasn't acting drunk made me laugh out loud. Sorry, but thats quite funny to say to a mother of a one year old. Love you guys! Tell the boy to keep out of trouble! I am sure you aren't out of the woods yet with this kid.
Awesome! Yes, I've made that call once as well...Sean as an infant found a baggie with some Ibuprofen in it......
Glad you didn't have a drunken baby! This could be a good sign... maybe he'll like brushing his teeth. Oh my... lol.
These crazy babies! I feel for ya! One day I found Sara sheking the container of Comet all over the floor.Aye!
I could totally see him walking down the hall leaning to the right. Poor baby. I had to laugh, though.
Post a Comment