June 27, 2009

Bad Mom Moment #1

Yesterday I was rushing to leave the house and as usual, had tons of stuff in my hands, Rhett, the diaper bag, mail, keys, phone . . . etc. I opened the backdoor of the car and dropped my stuff over into the passenger seat and proceeded to buckle Rhett into his car seat. I then shut the door and walked around to the driver side door. I tried to open the door . . . it was locked. I walked back around to the back door where I had put Rhett in the car . . . also locked! RHETT IS LOCKED IN THE CAR! How did this happen? I then remember hearing the doors lock as I accidentally hit the button on the clicker, with all the stuff in my hands but it didn't register at the time. Luckily it was morning, not very warm, and the car was in the garage. Nonetheless, my baby is locked in the car, crying and I don't have a spare key!! I called Randy and told him the situation and that he had to come home from work right NOW! (luckily he works close). About 15 minutes later, my brother in law Nick, who works with Randy shows up with a key to the car. He was on his way to Burbank so he came instead of Randy. I, now tearing up, got Rhett out of the car, with tears streaming down his face, he reached for his uncle Nick. He didn't even want me. :( Not that I blame him, I am the one that locked him in the car but it did make me a little sad. Luckily a few minutes later, all was forgotten. So, there you have it, my first official bad mom moment. Unfortunately, I am sure there will be a few more.

4 comments:

Lovio Fam said...

Congrats, you made it 10 months without one. I think you are doing pretty good! :) I locked Syd in the car when she was about 2 months...nice.

Cody and Kylie said...

NICE! What? No pictures of Rhett's traumatized expression? I'm glad he forgave you! :) Miss you guys! Oh, and I am sure it would have happened to Erin if she ever locked her doors, so don't worry about it. ;)

MaryAnn said...

I agree with Stephanie. Making it to 10 months without a bad mom moment must be a record.

Rosey Posey said...

Look at it this way, you made it almost the entire first year! That's better than 99 percent of us.